Tuesdays 9:15 – 10:30 am (HST) **Hybrid: LIVE ONLINE & IN-PERSON**
Starting Tuesday, July 7, 2020Sign up now Tuesday IN-PERSON!
Sign up now Tuesday LIVE ONLINE!
Jivamukti is a physically and intellectually stimulating vinyasa style of yoga that integrates the physical, philosophical and spiritual aspects of yoga. Like ashtanga yoga, Jivamukti yoga can include hands-on assists to help students find alignment – only with students’ consent, of course. Classical yoga teachings, drawn from a monthly focus, stream through the class in a way that is relevant to modern day life. Each class grounds itself in 14 key elements and involves Sanskrit, chanting, teachings, and flowing asana sequences set to uplifting music, with meditation and a deep relaxation to close.
Jivamukti Yoga is a thorough, vigorous vinyasa practice whose teachers adhere to five tenets: ahimsa (non-violence), bhakti (devotion), meditation, nada (sacred sound), and study of yogic texts.
Whether small or large, Sarah’s classes feel personal and create a safe environment to let your true self shine through, providing a path to apply yoga in your everyday life. Like many who practice at the Still & Moving Center, Sarah is an ocean-loving yogi. She moved to Hawaii in 2002 to attend graduate school at UH, specializing in coral reef ecology. When life subsequently carried her to the east coast she was introduced to, and became a dedicated student of, the Jivamukti style of yoga. Studying with the founders, David Life and Sharon Gannon, and under the rigorous and inspiring mentorship of Andrea Boyd, Sarah received her certification to teach Jivamukti in 2011. Since then, Sarah has augmented her yoga practice and teachings with the study of massage therapy.
Still & Moving Center
For your health and those around you, and in accordance with public regulations, Still & Moving Center has adopted the following measures to minimize contagion.
As of July 2020, in-person classes are limited to a maximum of:
12 students in the Barefoot Ballroom
5 students in the Dance Dojo.
Due to limited class sizes, students who wish to attend classes in person need to register in advance through our website.
By entering the building you agree to follow these protocols:
7 POINT PROTOCOL LIST
- Wear a FACEMASK IN CLASS and throughout the building.
- Wash your hands before entering building and sanitize frequently thereafter
- Receive a touchless temperature reading upon entering: 100 degrees or more, no entry.
- Bring your own yoga mat and equipment, or you can rent or buy it from us.
- If possible, remove yourself from the room to cough or sneeze. If you cannot, cough/sneeze into your inner elbow. Leave the building for the day if you continue to cough or sneeze.
- Maintain spatial distance of 6 feet in class and throughout the building.
- Bring in your own water, and eat outside the building. (You may rent or buy: mats, bolsters, blankets, blocks and straps.)
Mahalo for your kokua in protecting your own health
and the health of those around you!
Directions for getting to the online Zoom class:
1. One hour in advance, kindly sign up for your live online class on in MindBody / on our website. Our desk staff will then email you a link to your class on Zoom.
2. Please use the link to sign into Zoom, 5-7 minutes before class, allowing extra time to download the the app if you are new to Zoom.
3. Contact the desk staff at 808.397.7678 for troubleshooting.