45 hours of training
Open to: all Nia Belts, all levels
For more information, you can email Winalee directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intent: To condition the central nervous system
This 5-day training comprehensively helps you to transform the White Belt principles into real, on-the-dancefloor teaching skills with clarity.
New teachers develop confidence, craft and skill by learning and practicing the foundations of teaching. Seasoned teachers refine and deepen their understanding, building on their craft and receiving feedback from peers to deliver the most powerful experience possible.
We journey into the Nia’s 5 Core Competencies for increased skills & knowledge with:
- Nia’s Philosophy – The Body’s Way and the study of the Body’s inherent wisdom
- Science – the study of awareness and vitality in order to create knowledge for a healthy body and lifestyle to live as a sacred athlete into your greatest potential.
- Anatomy – the study of the body parts and system for body literacy.
- Movement – the study of healthy potential to use movement to transform the body.
- Music – the study of sound, health and expression. Enhancing our connection to the language of sound.
We clarify the 13 Nia White Belt Principles so you embody the skill to confidently teach Nia.
All unfolds in a relaxed, loving, and encouraging environment with generative feedback to grow and embody teaching tools.
About the Nia Green Belt
Green Belt is an optional training, which focuses entirely on developing and embodying the skills to effectively teach Nia. All belt levels who teach or desire to teach are strongly encouraged to attend this training.
The Nia Promise and Delivering the Nia Experience are phrases we use to express the transformative power of Nia; to a Nia Teacher’s ability to deeply move and touch people within the classroom environment. As a teacher, your role is to guide people through a meaningful journey of physical conditioning and self-discovery. Teaching Nia is all about sharing your personal experience – your physical and emotional sensations, visual images and feelings. To do so, you must have a solid understanding of the form, objective curriculum and communication techniques.
Green Belt comprehensively explores all mechanics of delivering the work, including embodying the choreography, cueing, creating intentional silences, dancing to the music and helping people achieve their personal fitness goals. Whether you are a novice or a seasoned teacher, Green Belt will further your teaching skills. New teachers develop confidence, craft and skill by learning and practicing the foundations of teaching. Seasoned teachers refine and deepen their understanding, building on their craft and receiving feedback from peers to deliver the most powerful experience possible.
The Green Belt training includes a pre-training course based on the 13 White Belt principles. As part of the training, you will learn and work with the routine, Wild.
Take Nia and add Appassionata and you get Mikelle. Beethoven’s piano sonata called Appassionata was a deeply personal musical journey into previously unchartered realms of imagination. A woman of great feeling and fervor, Mikelle has passionately pursued her practice of Nia through every Nia training offered here at Still & Moving Center since 2015: White, Green, Blue Belts and again White Belt this last week. Mikelle has also been one of the pillars of our Nia Mentorship program.
Fortunately for us, after taking her Blue Belt with Winalee Zeeb here at Still & Moving Center in February of this year, Mikelle accepted my offer to staff the reception desk full time. Mikelle left her dear family and close ones in Wyoming to take the position. If you have ever been greeted by Mikelle, you know the warmth of her welcome and depth of her regard for every individual who passes the desk.
My heart fills as I watch Mikelle develop as a Nia teacher, and especially as I observe her incisively incorporating Nia principles into her life. Through White Belt she became more aware of herself as a spiritual being inhabiting a beautiful human body. I watched her nervous system calm after Green Belt. Blue Belt brought a remarkable growth in personal relationship building for her. I look forward to the continuation of her impassioned growth through the Nia practice.
Pricing: $4/class + your regular class pack or Golden Circle Membership
- Sun Feb 14, 10:30am Nia Class (Focus: Listen to the Music)
- Mon Feb 15, 8:00am Nia Class (Focus: 52 Moves – Base)
- Mon Feb 15, 9:00am Nia Class (Focus: Dynamic Ease)
- Tue Feb 16 8:00 am Nia Class (Focus: 52 Moves – Core)
- Tue Feb 16, 11:00am Nia Class (Focus: Personalizing & Conditioning)
- Wed Feb 17 8:00am Nia Class (Focus: Upper Extremities)
- Wed Feb 17, 5:45pm Nia Class (Focus: Music, Movement, Magic)
- Thu Feb 18, 5:45pm Nia Class (Celebration!)
- Fri Feb 19, 11:00am Nia Class (Gentle)
- Fri Feb 19, 7:00pm Nia Jam – Debuting Green Belts with Winalee
- Sat Feb 20, 11 am Nia Class (Pulse – new Nia routine)
- Sat Feb 20, 11 am-7 pm Plearn Workshop . (11am public class is free to Plearn participants)