We are proud to welcome internationally renowned aerial artist and instructor, Alexandra Apjarova, to Still & Moving Center this fall. Originally from Slovakia, Alexandra is a former national champion in rhythmic gymnastics, and a versatile and passionate performing artist specializing in aerial art, dance, rhythmic gymnastics coaching and choreography.
One of the pioneers of the AntiGravity ® Aerial Hammock movement vocabulary for performance, and having performed the original aerial silk hammock routine with the world famous Cirque du Soleil in the critically acclaimed production of “ Delirium”, Alexandra is happy to share her knowledge to help you spread your wings and fly.
Join Alexandra in any of the following classes, and be sure to register in advance as space is limited.
Sunday, November 5th:
- Kids Aerial Level 2 (9:30-10:30am)
- Kids Aerial Level 1 (10:30-11:30am)
- Aerial Yoga (11:45-12:45pm)
Monday, November 6th: Aerial Level 1 (12:15-1:15pm)
- Kids Aerial All Levels (4:30-5:30pm)
- Aerial Level 1 (5:45-6:45pm)
Tuesday, November 7th:
- Aerial Level 1 (6:00-7:00pm)
Wednesday, November 8th:
- Kids Aerial (4:30-5:30)
- Lyra Level 2 (5:30-6:45pm)
Thursday, November 9th:
- Aerial Hammock (5:45-6:45pm)
We are proud to welcome internationally renowned aerial artist and instructor, Alexandra Apjarova, to Still & Moving Center this fall.
Alex will lead a 40 hour teacher training for experienced aerialists seeking to:
- solidify their aerial technique (apparatus: silks and lyra),
- learn step by step methods to spot and safely transfer knowledge to students,
- establish and/or review industry standard safety checklists and equipment maintenance,
- gain insight into pedagogical methods that will ensure a nurturing teaching environment,
- acquire and/or deepen their passion for the aerial arts through the highly inspirational guidance of a world class performer and teacher.
Originally from Slovakia, Alexandra is stunning, global aerial performer, choreographer, teacher and trainer, best known, perhaps, as a Cirque du Soleil aerialist.
Alexandra Apjarova is one of the pioneers of the AntiGravity ® Aerial Hammock movement vocabulary for performance, and performed the original aerial silk hammock routine with the world famous Cirque du Soleil in the critically acclaimed production of “Delirium”.
In 2009, she was blessed to be chosen to perform in the Michael Jackson’s “This is it” tour in London. After the tragic passing of an icon, she was thrilled to perform at the red carpet premiere of the movie in an aerial chandelier, making a crystal illusion of light.
She has been honored to perform in other productions and events such as: “La Soiree”, “The Leona Lewis Labyrinth Tour”, “President Obama Neighborhood Inaugural Ball”, “Winter Olympic Games in Salt Lake City”, at the Grammy Awards with the group “No Doubt”, as well as for “Musical Barnum”, “Antigravity” and many more.
Based in NYC area since 1994, but recently moved to Orlando FL, she is a versatile and passionate performing artist specializing in aerial art, dance, rhythmic gymnastics coaching and choreography.
Alexandra is a former national champion in rhythmic gymnastics. She coached the “Wendy Hilliard Foundation” competitive rhythmic gymnastics team, as well as their adult students for almost a decade. She also worked with Cirque du Soleil’s “Saltimbanco” acrobats on tour as a dance teacher, as well as for many other studios worldwide.
The teacher training is offered in 2 formats:
Full retreat package includes:
- Training (40hrs over 6 days- includes observation of classes)
- 7 nights in 4 star accommodation,
- 2 meals/day for 6 days,
- Still & Moving Center 3 class pass
- $3500 or $3300 before October 4.
2. Training only (40hrs over 6 days – includes observation of classes)
Deeply discounted for regular, current Still & Moving Center students and teachers – please contact Still & Moving Center Desk for a promotional code.
While in Honolulu, Alex will also offer public classes at the Center. Check out the schedule below: