Waterfall Hula & Lei-making
September 19 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on September 19, 2019 at 10:00 am
One event on November 21, 2019 at 10:00 am
August 22, September 19, November 21
$129 or $69 (under 14yrs)
Thursday, 10am – 12 pm
If you have ever dreamed of bathing in a mountain pool under a cascading waterfall in Hawai’i, here is your opportunity! Imagine yourself coming upon a beautiful waterfall and mountain pool as you walk through a lush valley. Add the joy of learning a hula dance and making a beautiful flower lei …what a day!
This walk story begins and ends at Waimea Falls, on the North Shore of Oahu. Waimea Valley is located on the right-hand side past Waimea Bay Beach parking lot.
- The activity is led by kumu hula, Malia Helela, traditionally trained hula instructor, lomilomi practitioner and cultural advisor
- The activity is simultaneously translated to Japanese for all dates except June 20.
- Discover a new perspective of the area through the eyes of a traditional healer and cultural practitioner
- Learn about aloha ‘aina, hula, lei making and Oli
- Walk approximately 2 miles with stops
Know before you book
- Minimum 5 participants
- Suitable for all ages
- able to stay on feet for 2 hours outdoors
- bring sun protection and swimsuit if you intend to swim
- able to walk for over 2 miles in possibly inclement weather including sun and rain
- some proceeds from the price you pay for this tour are donated back to travel2change and other Hawaii charities