- This event has passed.
Thai Yoga Massage Training – Advanced Module 2015
November 20, 2015 @ 9:00 am - November 22, 2015 @ 5:00 pm$1 – $1405
with Drew Hume, Navina Thai Yoga TherapySign Up Now!
Expanding Touch Techniques and Enhancing Sensitivity Principal Certification. Modules 1-3 are pre-requisites for this course. “Thai massage is as good to give as it is to receive” – we have already explored this concept in our practice by using efficient and safe biomechanics. This course will extend this idea to the use of our different “tools” when massaging.
Course content includes:
– Exploring greater use of our feet, knees and forearms in the application of massage pressure and muscle manipulation techniques to improve practitioner and client experience,
– Developing our touch sensitivity in these larger areas of our body so that we can use them for the full spectrum of pressure from superficial to deep touch,
– Comparing the use of different tools for different postures. This will help us see if a new touch technique will replace or add onto a previously used technique taking us deeper into the pose,
– The addition of another hour of massage postures to add into our existing repertoire,
– Discussions on how these new touch techniques impact our ability to customize our treatments.
ABOUT DREW HUME: A people-hugger and nature-lover, Drew has warmth and an energy that many people can connect with. A passion for the human body has led him through University studies in human biology and directed him into the world of Thai yoga massage. The holistic approach of Thai massage resonates strongly with Drew, as every treatment encompasses the entire body, both the physical and subtle.
Drew firmly believes that compassionate touch is an essential component of good health and wellbeing. Thai massage can provide a deep sense of connection to others, to self and to the world at large. With his experience and knowledge of the human body from both the western and the eastern perspectives, Drew considers it a great gift to be able to share this sacred practice with you.
Building positive relationships through compassionate touch, Drew travels all over to bring you his unique and practical blend of western physiology and intuitive practice.