- This event has passed.
Thai Yoga Massage Training Module 1
September 12, 2014 @ 9:00 am - September 14, 2014 @ 5:00 pm$535
with Drew Hume
Module 1 sets a solid foundation in the practice of high quality touch. We do this by combining some anatomy with positive intention and our physical practice. When exchanging massages in class, you are receiving in-depth feedback from your classmates and the teacher as well as gaining a new understanding of the postures when you receive the massage. This first course will provide you with a sound 45-minute massage that focuses on the most common areas of tension, namely the shoulders, neck and back. Video of Drew demonstrating
Licensed Massage Therapists (LMT’s) can get NCBTMB Continuing Education (CE) credits for this training!
Module 1 Course Details:
Building a solid foundation in the concepts and the practice of high quality touch. Combining fundamental anatomy theory with positive intention and hands-on practice, we establish a base on which our following modules build a safe and successful massage practice. In addition to the four foundational principals of Thai massage, we learn:
- Essential anatomy and physiology language that will allow you to accurately locate and describe the functions of specific muscles,
- How to apply high quality touch techniques that are both safe and effective through the efficient use of biomechanics,
- Functional anatomy of the back, shoulders and neck, which are the most commonly requested massage regions,
- Thai massage postures that address these high-tension areas. In total this will equate to a 45 minute massage sequence that you can practice on family and friends,
- The practical skills needed to approach a massage situation, how to build rapport with clients with clear communication, how to enhance the client treatment experience, and to prepare you for massaging outside the classroom.
A people-hugger and nature-lover, Drew has warmth and an energy that many can connect with. A passion for the human body has led him through University studies in human biology and directed him into the world of Thai yoga massage. The holistic approach that Thai massage provides, resonates strongly with Drew, as every treatment encompasses the entire body, both the physical and subtle. Creating Navina™, has allowed Drew to blend his understanding and experience from the many different facets of his life, bringing you a more well-rounded perspective of the body and this ancient practice. Navina Website
Drew firmly believes that compassionate touch is an essential component of good health and wellbeing. Thai massage can provide a deep sense of connection to others, to self and to the world at large. With his experience and knowledge of the human body from both the western and the eastern perspectives, Drew considers it a great gift to be able to share this sacred practice with you.
Building positive relationships through compassionate touch, Drew travels internationally to bring you his unique and practical blend of western physiology and intuitive practice.
Drew hopes to build greater recognition for this holistic practice within health and wellness communities by incorporating a scientific method into his course structure to compliment an intuitive approach. He aims to develop Thai Massage practitioners into Thai Yoga Therapists who have a sound understanding of the human body as and certain medical conditions. These practitioners will be able to design their treatments to accommodate any contraindications, building a safe, effective and reputable practice.