- This event has passed.
Thai Yoga Massage Training Module 2
September 15, 2014 @ 9:00 am - September 17, 2014 @ 5:00 pm$535.00
with Drew HumeSign Up Now!
In Module 2 we revisit and enhance our understanding of content from the first module. We then delve deeper into the quality touch and extend our massage sequence to explore more of the body. By adding in more postures to include the arms, legs, hands and feet, we will end up with a 2-hr massage sequence.
Licensed Massage Therapists (LMT’s) can get NCBTMB Continuing Education (CE) credits for this training!
Module 2 Course Details:
- In this course we solidify our understanding of content covered in the first module and we then build on these concepts and postures to begin to explore more of the body. By adding in more postures we will extend our massage sequence to 2 hours. This module will focus on:
- Developing greater familiarity with the language of anatomy by reiterating module 1 content and by including the appropriate terms in our verbal dialogue.
- Enhancing our concept and practice of quality touch. This becomes easier as postures become more familiar and comfortable.
- Increasing our anatomy knowledge to include the major structures of the arms, legs, hands and feet.
- Creating smooth transitions between postures to enhance client experience.
- How to begin building a successful business in Thai massage.
A people-hugger and nature-lover, Drew has warmth and an energy that many can connect with. A passion for the human body has led him through University studies in human biology and directed him into the world of Thai yoga massage. The holistic approach that Thai massage provides, resonates strongly with Drew, as every treatment encompasses the entire body, both the physical and subtle. Creating Navina™, has allowed Drew to blend his understanding and experience from the many different facets of his life, bringing you a more well-rounded perspective of the body and this ancient practice.
Drew firmly believes that compassionate touch is an essential component of good health and wellbeing. Thai massage can provide a deep sense of connection to others, to self and to the world at large. With his experience and knowledge of the human body from both the western and the eastern perspectives, Drew considers it a great gift to be able to share this sacred practice with you.
Building positive relationships through compassionate touch, Drew travels internationally to bring you his unique and practical blend of western physiology and intuitive practice.
Drew hopes to build greater recognition for this holistic practice within health and wellness communities by incorporating a scientific method into his course structure to compliment an intuitive approach. He aims to develop Thai Massage practitioners into Thai Yoga Therapists who have a sound understanding of the human body as and certain medical conditions. These practitioners will be able to design their treatments to accommodate any contraindications, building a safe, effective and reputable practice.