Puana Lomilomi cultural immersion & self healing
September 23 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
September 23 12-2 pm.Book now!
Lomilomi, like all forms of healing, is an unfolding process of many steps. This approach to lomilomi focuses on settling the nervous system and integrating all parts of the body into one. Drawing on lessons of hula and lei making, students weave lomilomi massage techniques into a tailored treatment that addresses body, mind and spirit.
This activity begins and ends at Still & Moving Center, 1024 Queen Street, Honolulu, a community based mindful movement Center that has been offering multicultural classes, events and workshops for over 7 years, in the heart of Kaka’ako.
- The activity is led by kumu hula, Malia Helela, traditionally trained hula instructor, lomilomi practitioner and cultural advisor
- The activity is offered with live simultaneous translation to Japanese.
- Discover a new perspective through the eyes of a traditional healer and cultural practitioner
- Learn about the historical highlights and evolution of the Hawaiian traditional art of lomilomi
- Make connections between traditional & contemporary healing practices and their relation to overall health and well-being
- Experience a hula & self-care massage techniques
Know before you book
- Minimum 5 participants
- Suitable for children ages 14 and up
- Hands-on techniques encouraged and practiced. Observation-only also possible if requested
- some proceeds from the price you pay for this tour are donated back to travel2change and other Hawaii charities