- This event has passed.
Nia Mentorship Series – Bailando routine with Renée
January 15, 2017 @ 9:15 am - 10:25 am
An event every week that begins at 9:15 am on Sunday, repeating until April 23, 2017
Online & In Person
With Renée Tillotson, Nia Black Belt, 1st degree
Sundays, Jan 15 to April 2017 (no sessions Feb 5 or Apr 16, 2017)
9:15 – 10:25 am
$130 for the 13 week Series. Normal drop-in rates of $17 will apply for those who can only attend the parts of the series. The series is conducted in person at Still & Moving Center as well as online via GoToMeeting, on which all participants can be seen and heard, live time.
1) Nia White Belt or higher
2) Order and receive your Bailando routine in advance of the Jan 8th Mentorship Introduction
3) Attend Mentorship Series Introduction, Sunday, Jan 8, 2017, 9:15-10:25 am
Learn to learn Nia routines! The focus of the routine Bailando is dancing passionately to the music – in this case mostly Brazilian! Bailando actually means “to dance”!
In this series, you will:
- learn how learn a Nia routine
- practice taking choreographic notes
- find the sections of the music with 8BC’s
- match the choreography to your musical map
- gain familiarity with the 52 moves
- learn to lead classes through body sensation
- give yourself permission to progress in natural time, your body’s way
- get clarity with your struggles and kudos for your successes in Nia!
You will find in this mentorship program important instructional tips and a huge virtual hug of support and encouragement. Our participants can range from Japan to Canada, from Georgia to Wyoming, and of course Hawaii.
The bonds of fellowship and interconnectedness that you will share with your fellow mentees and mentors are almost palpable. Participants in former mentorships series have evolved into teaching single songs as guest instructors; teaching partial or whole classes as subs; to teaching classes of their own.
We enjoy time for check-in and sharing our individual Nia practices, time for experimenting with our Nia toolbox of skills, time for decoding the music, and time for moving with the music.
“I’m grateful to Renée and her mentorship program, and the participants from around the world. We dive deep into all aspects of Nia with our mind, body, emotions and spirit. It is healing, supportive, inspirational and truly transformative. I found my Nia teaching wings in this program and I continue to grow each week. Thanks Renée.” – Lorna Moglia, White & Green Belt