- This event has passed.
AUTHENTIC YOGA with Neel Kulkarni. Intro to Raja Yoga Class
May 15, 2013 @ 6:30 am
with Neel Kulkarni from India
AUTHENTIC YOGA Series May 15 -19
Wednesday, May 15
6:30 – 8:30 am
5 classes plus Indian dinner May 18th – $108
10 classes plus Indian dinner May 18th – $208
View full program here: http://stillandmovingcenter.com/workshops_and_events/authentic-yoga-by-neel-kulkarni-2/
Meditation, asana practice
Introduction to Raja Yoga
Introduction to Mantra & Chanting
Raja Yoga, which translates to “Royal Yoga,” is a classical yoga system that deals with training the mind in order to obtain a state of peace. Raja Yoga is a comprehensive method that emphasizes meditation, while encompassing the whole of Yoga. It deals with the encountering and transcending thoughts of the mind and its goal is to further one’s acquaintance with reality, achieve awakening (moksha), and eventually enlightenment. The eight limbs of yoga will lead practioners out of the maze of their own preconceptions and confusions and into a sublime state of freedom. http://www.authenticyoga.org/
About Neel Kulkarni: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC4at6Z4u9w
- 30+ years study of Sanskrit
- 40+ years study of Yoga including most of the classical Yoga Texts including Patanjali Yoga, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Gheranda Samhita, Shiva Samhita, etc.
- 35+ years study of Health related topics including Nutrition, Exercises, Ayurveda, Anatomy, Medicines, Hygiene, Naturopathy, etc.
- Studies with revered teachers
- Pandit Balakrishna Sharma, Chairman of Yoga in Board of State Education Department in Kerala, South India
- Yogacharya B.K.S. Iyengar,Yogachaaryaa Geeta Iyengar and Yogacharya Prashant Iyengar, Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute (RIMYI)
“Neel has been my yoga instructor since 2007. He has taught me the most fundamental yoga concepts and practices. This has deeply changed my life – changes that will stay with me forever. Besides the most visible benefits related to better quality of sleep and healthier eating habits, I have seen myself becoming a calmer, more balanced, peaceful and satisfied person. Every day, I enjoy exploring my spirituality and divine nature further. These evolutions would not have been possible without Neel’s dedication, patience and teachings. I am very grateful to him for being my yoga instructor and to life for having made our paths cross. May every person on a spiritual path find such a helpful source of inspiration and universal love.” ~ Cecile Poyet, Virginia