- This event has passed.
How Yoga is Taught in India: Reception for Neel Kulkarni
May 14, 2013 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
with Neel Kulkarni, visiting teacher from India
Tuesday, May 14
5:30 – 7:00 pm
Informal presentation with Q & A on ‘How Yoga is Taught in India’ with overview of upcoming special Raja Yoga classes.
Discussion on Yoga in India in the past, in the present, a brief history of yoga to date, Authentic Yoga System (adhiyoga) and Authentic Yoga Sutras for Today (adhiyogasutrani)
About Neel Kulkarni:
- 30+ years study of Sanskrit
- 40+ years study of Yoga including most of the classical Yoga Texts including Patanjali Yoga, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Gheranda Samhita, Shiva Samhita, etc.
- 35+ years study of Health related topics including Nutrition, Exercises, Ayurveda, Anatomy, Medicines, Hygiene, Naturopathy, etc.
- Studies with revered teachers
- Pandit Balakrishna Sharma, Chairman of Yoga in Board of State Education Department in Kerala, South India
- Yogacharya B.K.S. Iyengar,Yogachaaryaa Geeta Iyengar and Yogacharya Prashant Iyengar, Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute (RIMYI)
“Neel has been my yoga instructor since 2007. He has taught me the most fundamental yoga concepts and practices. This has deeply changed my life – changes that will stay with me forever. Besides the most visible benefits related to better quality of sleep and healthier eating habits, I have seen myself becoming a calmer, more balanced, peaceful and satisfied person. Every day, I enjoy exploring my spirituality and divine nature further. These evolutions would not have been possible without Neel’s dedication, patience and teachings. I am very grateful to him for being my yoga instructor and to life for having made our paths cross. May every person on a spiritual path find such a helpful source of inspiration and universal love.” ~ Cecile Poyet, Virginia