- This event has passed.
Cooking Workshop: Zesty Black Bean Burgers and more! – LIVE ONLINE with Sheila Wrede
May 24 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Zesty Black Bean Burgers, Purple Potato Salad & Blueberry Crumble
Sunday May 24, 2020
Join us LIVE ONLINE for a vegan food lesson with a delightful twist! Sheila Wrede will show you how to prepare Zesty Black Bean Burgers that are high in protein, fiber and antioxidants. Pair the burgers with Purple Potato Salad with Cashew Mayo, followed by a Blueberry Quinoa Crumble. Get the heart health benefits of anthocyanins!
Cooking with Sheila from your home kitchen, you will have a meal for a family of four! The owner of Wellness Becomes You, Sheila recently attended a plant-based Culinary Institute Boot Camp in Napa, CA, and she loves sharing what she learned with you!
Kitchen Equipment You Will Need
- Pot for cooking the potatoes that you will again use for cooking the Quinoa.
- Frying pan or electric skillet for the burgers
- Blender or food processor to make the cashew mayo (or you can use any mayonnaise of your choice)
- Small casserole dish for the crumble
- Oven or toaster oven to bake the crumble in.
- Measuring spoons, measuring cups, and a knife for chopping
Ingredients You Will Need
- 15 oz can black beans,
- Qhole wheat buns or favorite rolls for burgers
- 2 medium purple sweet potatoes
- Red onion
- Cashews – or regular mayo
- Miso – or regular mayo
- Olive oil – or regular mayo
- Dijon mustard – or regular mayo
- Almond milk
- Coconut, shredded
- Coconut oil
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries,
- 1 cup favorite unsalted nuts and seeds (combined)
Dr. Dean Ornish demonstrated in 1990 that eating a whole food, largely plant-based diet could reverse heart disease, as well as provide other health benefits, including weight loss. It’s no surprise that this diet works when combined with moderate aerobic exercise, group support and stress management training.
Let’s have fun and learn to cook through the magic of Zoom!
Holistic Health Coach, Educator
Sheila will encourage YOU to make self-care a priority. She believes that food CAN HEAL the body and will work along with you to improve your eating habits. Her students learn to feel confident in choosing and preparing delicious healthy foods for themselves and their loved ones.
Sheila empowers motivated women to reverse and prevent disease and aging through the healing power of whole plant-based organic foods. She provides educational talks, healthy food demos, live cooking classes, and nutritional consultation.
A Holistic Health Coach and Wellness advocate with formal training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York, Sheila founded her business “Wellness Becomes You” to pursue her passion to teach others about the power of holistic nutrition. For more information see http://wellnessbecomesyou.com/.