Regina Lumsden: Body Journey Work, Deep Tissue Myofascial Release, Classic Massage
Contact our Reception Desk to Book
Regina is motivated by her clients’ journey of moving out and away from physical and emotional pain as she applies the work with them. She is thrilled to watch her clients becoming more and more empowered, centered, grounded and finding their inner peace as she works with them.
Regina is a licensed massage therapist who graduated from the Hawaii College of Health Science, Honolulu, in 1999 after moving to Hawaii from the UK in 1997. She practiced massage part time for several years before working full time as a Waldorf teacher specialized in the Waldorf movement curriculum.
In 2005 Regina became a client of Noa Batlin who practices healing arts based on the principle that our body carries physical and emotional memories. If we don’t fully process those held memories, they can be painful and hinder us from having a full body, soul and spirit experience of our biography. These memories are held in the fascia. Deep tissue work and myofascial release can assist the body in letting go of painful memories to freely move forward.
Regina recalls, “In 2007 I had a car/bicycle accident that was life changing. I experienced the power of receiving deep tissue and myofascial release work on a daily basis and made a full recovery from what could have been permanent physical damage. Through this deep experience I was blessed with the realization that our mindset deeply influences our lives and that bodywork can be transformational at physical, emotional and spiritual levels. It is about committing to ourselves as we go through our journey in life.”
A few years after a full recovery from her accident, Regina stepped out of her teaching career to give her attention to healing bodywork therapy. Her many satisfied clients appreciate that she has done so!
Body Journey Work
This transformational bodywork helps to release physical and emotional memories held in our fascia. This very down-to-earth massage therapy holds a deep purpose clients’ healing journey.
60 min/$95; 75 min /$110; 90 min/$125
Deep Tissue Myofascial Release
The focus of this massage is rehabilitation and pain management. It employs a mix of Eastern technique and pattern theory, paired with Western anatomical and medical knowledge.
60 min/$95; 75 min /$110; 90 min/$125
This Swedish style massage uses classic effleurage and petrissage techniques to improve circulation and relax muscles. Long, short and percussive strokes are also applied with the goal of free movement for the joints.
60 min/$85; 75 min /$99; 90 min/$115
Still & Moving Center COVID Bodywork protocols:
By entering the building you agree to follow these protocols:
- You are required to wear a face mask upon entering the building, and for the duration of your session.
- Wash your hands before entering the building and sanitize your hands frequently thereafter.
- Receive a touchless temperature reading upon entering: 100 degrees or more, no entry.
- If possible, remove yourself from the room to cough or sneeze. If you cannot, cough/sneeze into your inner elbow. Leave the building for the day if you continue to cough or sneeze.
- Bring in your own water and eat outside the building.
SMC Practitioners will ensure that:
- Surfaces are wiped down and disinfected regularly.
- They will wear a mask at all times.
- They will take their temperature (must be below 100F).
- Bodywork will take place in a 300ft space (Sun & moon room) upstairs at 1024 Queen Street. The area is equipped with an AC unit, ceiling fans, windows and a new air purifier. Some practitioners may be available for house calls if the space provided is outdoors.
If you have any of the following: fever, shortness of breath, sore throat, coughing, sneezing or loss of taste/smell, please contact Sill & Moving Center and do NOT attend your session. Call your primary care physician to discuss symptoms further.
For your health and those around you, and in accordance with public regulations, Still & Moving Center has adopted the measures above to minimize contagion.
All appointments must be made in advance by contacting us at 808-397-7678 or firstname.lastname@example.org