Introduction to Structural Myofascial Therapy® with BetsyAnn Baron
February 3, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The myofascial system is the amazing tissue connector, creating our body’s geographical atlas. Increasing fluidity to the myofascial network allows exciting postural changes, ease in breathing, greater stability and more fluid movement.
In this workshop, you will learn to tune into this system.
If you feel as though you are missing a piece of your clients’ physical puzzle, then this workshop is for you!
This workshop presents:
- The philosophies of Structural Myofascial Therapy (SMFT)®
- Introduction to the anatomy and physiology of the myofascial system
- Client Evaluation: Postural Somatic Awareness (PSA), SMFT’s earmark subjective evaluation tool.
- Techniques: hands-on, prime foundation maneuvers of working deeply in the myofascia.
- Coaching correct therapist’s body mechanics, vitally important in this work.
Taught by curriculum developer, BetsyAnn Baron has been inspired by the teachings of Ida Rolf and Moshe Feldenkrais, as well as other myofascial mighties and somatic sages.
Introduction to Structural Myofascial Therapy: https://youtu.be/XmlnC5xcK88
Stay tuned! Still & Moving Center presents “Connecting with the Fascia”, SMFT’s Level 1 training. Watch for Autumn 2018 retreat dates.